June 5-7th. During this event students, alumni, faculty and staff united for fellowship, networking, team
building exercises, cultural awareness activities and discussions related to increasing diversity in nursing
and midwifery. This year Diversity Impact had the largest online viewing attendance, along with student
organization participation from FNU Student Council, Student Ambassador Program, SAGE Mentors and the Honor
Society. Frontier’s Courier Program also brought in student interns from the University of California Berkeley,
North Carolina State University, and the College of William & Mary in Virginia. To read more on the event, click
the links below.
- To read the official press release on the event, CLICK HERE.
- CLICK HERE to see photos from the event.
- CLICK HERE to see the Virtual Scavenger Hunt
- To view CLICK HERE the Diversity Impact Infographic.
- To view Diversity Impact Agenda CLICK HERE.
- CLICK HERE to view recorded workshop sessions and presentations.
DIVERSITY IMPACT WEEKEND 2015!
Join Us for an Impactful, Sight-Seeing, Cultural Excursion! You're Invited to...
Learn more on diversity, while taking in the historic sights of nature's mountains and quiet rivers. Students and alumni will come back to campus for fellowship, networking and to participate in leadership discussions related to increasing diversity in nursing and midwifery. This weekend event will prepare students to meet the growing demand of the diverse populations they serve.
During this weekend workshop, students will:
- attend sessions hosted by nationally recognized nursing leaders
- participate in teambuilding activities, cultural competency awareness training, and open dialogues
- network with available FNU student services, and
- dine at the exclusive Wendover Inn retreat, with a meal warmly prepare and freshly made.
- Partake in the Virtual Scavenger Hunt to win a FNU "Survival Kit" full of prize goodies
Diversity Impact Keynote Speaker
Dr. Scharmaine Lawson-Baker, NP
As seen on CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, Dr. Scharmaine Lawson-Baker is a nationally recognized and award-winning nurse practitioner in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is a fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), and winner of the 2013 Healthcare Hero award (New Orleans City Business magazine) and 2008 Entrepreneur of the Year award (ADVANCE for Nurse Practitioner magazine).
Click here to read more about Dr. Baker