Join Us for an Impactful, Sight-Seeing, Cultural Excursion! You're Invited to...
Learn more on diversity while taking in the sights of nature's mountains and quiet rivers in Hyden, Ky. Diversity Impact 2017 student conference is hosted by the FNU Diversity PRIDE Program student organization, and is open to all attendees who want to become part of FNU's legacy of providing culturally competent care to rural and underserved communities. Students will engage in cross-cultural and inter-cultural workshop activities, along with leadership strategies on current diversity healthcare trends as it relates to patient-provider care.
During this weekend workshop, students will:
- Attend sessions hosted by nationally recognized nursing leaders
- Participate in teambuilding activities, cultural competency awareness training, and open dialogues
- Network with available FNU students, community leaders, faculty, staff and
- Learn more about the world with FNU’s International Food a la Carte.
Event Program & Schedule
Diversity Impact 2017 opens the door for nurse practitioners and nurse-midwifery students to foster and strengthen collaborative discussions to address health disparities and improve minority health among underrepresented and marginalized groups. Students will engage in cross-cultural and intercultural workshop activities, along with leadership strategies to care for diverse populations within the nursing workforce.
For conference attendees, we appreciate having you represent the future of the nursing profession at the 7th annual Diversity Impact student conference, hosted by FNU’s Diversity PRIDE student organization! *NEW view our conference welcome video!
- Register Today
- Seating reservations, campus room and board will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis until the conference has reached maximum capacity….Hurry, seats are going fast! Click here to register.
- Click here to get a bird's eye view of the entire program schedule, and a first look at activities, workshop sessions, and event highlights at the 7th annual Diversity Impact Student Conference!
- Premier, Keynote & Conference Speakers
- Check out premier, keynote and conference speakers that will be presenting at Diversity Impact 2017!
- Workshops and Education Sessions
- The Diversity Impact Planning Committee has worked hard to bring you the best practical, and cutting-edge continuing education nurse-midwifery, nurse practitioner and women’s health has to offer. Between the blocks of education sessions, diversity activities, and full-day workshops, students can earn more than 15 contact hours. *Please know, it is up to program directors and employers to accept credit hours.
- Information for Student Attendees
- Check out some interesting facts about FNU’s Diversity PRIDE student organization, networking opportunities, and more. For conference attendees, we appreciate having you represent the future of the nursing profession at Diversity Impact!
- Cultural Fieldtrip - Attendees will tour the Hurricane Creek Miner’s Memorial to explore life and health in rural Appalachia.
- Movie Night - Each night, attendees will enjoy films and documentaries to strengthen their awareness on emergency health management, healthcare equity and cross-cultural communication. View movie previews, and activity details under the “Workshops and Education Sessions”.
- Scavenger Hunt - Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in FNU’s conference Scavenger Hunt for a chance to win amazing gifts and university accessories!